Considered to be the father of modern physics, Albert Einstein was a German-born theoretical physicist who is now one of the most recognized names of all time. In fact, the name Einstein is now used almost synonymously with the word “genius.” Einstein died in 1955, but his groundbreaking contributions to the world of science ensure his name will live on. His equations and theories will be taught for generations to come, and Albert Einstein quotes inspire us all to think critically and embrace the impossible.
After moving to Switzerland and forsaking his German citizenship, Einstein earned his PhD in 1905. With the rise of Hitler and the Nazi regime, he moved to the United States and spent the rest of his life as a U.S. citizen. He excelled at math and physics even in his earliest years, and no one was surprised when he rose above his peers to publish several revolutionary papers and theories.
While Einstein is credited for several advancements in physics, his most notable work includes developing the theory of relativity and contributing to the theory of quantum mechanics. The physicist is also credited with developing the world’s most famous equation, the mass-energy equivalence formula of E = mc2.
In between discoveries, Einstein married multiple times and had at least 3 children. He dedicated his life to changing the world, and today we recite Albert Einstein quotes in the name of progress and discovery.
Here are the most famous Albert Einstein quotes.
1. “Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
2. “Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.”
3. “I would teach peace rather than war. I would inculcate love rather than hate.”
4. “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.”
5. “All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.”
6. “A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.”
7. “It is, in fact, nothing short of a miracle that the modern methods of instruction have not yet entirely strangled the holy curiosity of inquiry.”
8. “The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious.”
9. “I believe in standardizing automobiles. I do not believe in standardizing human beings.”
10. “A question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I or are the others crazy?”
11. “The important thing is to not stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.”
12. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.”
13. “The world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it.”
14. “Concern for man and his fate must always form the chief interest of all technical endeavors. Never forget this in the midst of your diagrams and equations.”
15. “He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.”
16. “Science can flourish only in an atmosphere of free speech.”
17. “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.”
18. “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”
19. “If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.”
20. “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.”
As arguably the most famous scientist to ever live, Einstein’s legacy will continue to live through every modern advancement. Share these Albert Einstein quotes to inspire others to dig deep and reveal true human potential.