Everyone knows what it feels like when life gets hard. Challenges and obstacles in our personal and professional lives have the potential to gnaw at our confidence, weaken our resolve, and plant doubt in our actions. But at the same time, the human spirit is capable of great things. Empowering quotes by inspirational people remind us all that no matter what happens, it’s possible to rise above.
Everyone from JFK to J.K. Rowling has experienced some kind of defeat. They’ve felt beaten and overwhelmed while trying to achieve their goals and simply survive everyday life. And despite occasional feelings of insignificance, they’ve come out on top. The truth is, you don’t need to be a president or a celebrity to gain control of your life. All you need is the courage to stand up for yourself and the motivation to never give up. For a bonus, these 30 empowering quotes will help get you there.
Here are the top empowering quotes to inspire you even on your worst days.
1. “The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” — Ayn Rand
2. “We do not need magic to transform our world. We carry all of the power we need inside ourselves already.” — J.K. Rowling
3. “You could certainly say that I’ve never underestimated myself. There’s nothing wrong with being ambitious.” — Angela Merkel
4. “You were put on this earth to achieve your greatest self, to live out your purpose, and to do it courageously.” — Steve Maraboli
5. “Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.” — Nora Ephron
6. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
7. “You are the storyteller of your own life, and you can create your own legend or not.” — Isabel Allende
8. “Your possible future, and there are literally thousands of possible futures, is being formed by what you think and believe today.” — John Kehoe
9. “I’m tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.” — Madonna
10. “Justice is about making sure that being polite is not the same thing as being quiet. In fact, often times, the most righteous thing you can do is shake the table.” — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
11. “There is no gate, no lock, no bolt that you can set upon the freedom of my mind.” — Virginia Woolf
12. “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.” — Harvey Fierstein
13. “The surest way to lose your self-worth is by trying to find it through the eyes of others.” — Becca Lee
14. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” — Alice Walker
15. “Never let success get to your head, and never let failure get to your heart.” — Ziad K. Abdelnour
16. “Don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning.” — Robert Kiyosaki
17. “Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.” — Beyonce
18. “Remember that just because you hit bottom doesn’t mean you have to stay there.” — Robert Downey Jr.
19. “You’ve got to fight for what you believe in. If you don’t try, you’ll always wonder, and that’s a horrible way to live.” — Joan Jett
20. “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” — Mary Kay Ash
21. “You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.” — Stephen King
22. “You just can’t let life happen to you, you have to make life happen.” — Idowu Koyenikan
23. “The realization that limitations are imaginary will make you strong and overpowering.” — Stephen Richards
24. “The best way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” — Walt Disney
25. “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” — Vince Lombardi
26. “People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” — Rob Siltanen
27. “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” — Maya Angelou
28. “We generate fears while we sit. We overcome them by action.” — Dr. Henry Link
29. “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.” — Henry Ford
30. “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt
We wouldn’t be human if we didn’t know what it felt like to feel battered and worn out. What makes us strong is our ability to recognize inner power and act on it. Share these empowering quotes with friends and family to inspire everyone to embrace their inner strength.