Whether you were a tween girl in the nineties singing “Rock Your Body” at the top of your lungs or relate more to his later solo hits and movies, you know Justin Timberlake has been in the spotlight for generations. He’s gone from teenage heartthrob to successful solo singer and actor. He’s been involved in a few scandals along the way, but Justin Timberlake quotes give us a glimpse of what it’s like to have one of the most recognized names in the world.
Originally from Tennessee, Timberlake was an only child who was practically born into the spotlight.
He started his celebrity career as a child on the television shows “Star Search” and “The All-New Mickey Mouse Club.” Those roles gave him a taste of fame, but by the mid-1990s, he was a lead vocalist in one of the biggest boy bands of all time. NSYNC launched Timberlake’s musical career in a huge way. The band sold more than 70 million records worldwide and is the fifth best-selling boy band in history.
By 2002, boy bands were starting to drop in popularity, and NSYNC went on a hiatus. Timberlake took the opportunity to start a solo career, and the risk paid off. It seemed that fans didn’t care whether he was in a group or on his own—millions bought his albums and downloaded his singles.
Thanks to his long and successful career, there isn’t much about Timberlake’s life that hasn’t been on the front page of a tabloid. He was part of the infamous wardrobe malfunction during the 2004 Super Bowl halftime show, and his relationship with Britney Spears always caught the paparazzi’s attention. Today, however, Timberlake has settled down with actress Jessica Biel and their two sons. He’s still making music and movies, and we expect he’ll remain in the spotlight for at least a few more generations.
Read through these Justin Timberlake quotes to get to know this star even better.
1. “There’s nothing wrong with shooting for the stars.”
2. “My teenage years were exactly what they were supposed to be. Everybody has their own path. It’s laid out for you. It’s just up to you to walk it.”
3. “I was an only child and was obviously really bored, so I would entertain my parents by imitating cartoon voices like Scooby-Doo, Boo Boo, and others.”
4. “I’m a perfectionist. I can’t help it, I get really upset with myself if I fail in the least.”
5. “‘Celebrity’ is sort of an idea. I mean, I get to do something extraordinary, but I don’t think it makes me extraordinary. That’s my opinion. I like to be an artist; I like to do things that are involved in the arts, but I don’t think it makes me more special than a doctor, for example. A doctor is an extraordinary person.”
6. “I like simple things. I like to sneak into the theatre and watch movies. I’m a movie buff.”
7. “Talent doesn’t always equal success.”
8. “Music is for dreamers, I think.”
9. “This isn’t about the money. This is just for me. I love music.”
10. “If you put out 150 percent, then you can always expect 100 percent back. That’s what I was always told as a kid, and it’s worked for me so far!”
11. “The fans have been great to me. I don’t think it’s asking too much to have me sign something for them.”
12. “I pick my nose and I’m not ashamed to admit it. If there’s a boogey, then just pick it, man.”
13. “The many sounds of Memphis shaped my early musical career and continue to be an inspiration to this day.”
14. “When I’m not on stage, I’m kind of shy. If you see me and I don’t say much, don’t think I’m not taking in what you have to say. I’m just not a big talker.”
15. “I don’t see myself as someone who’s ever going to be defined by one moment. It’s on to the next.”
16. “Honestly, the only thing I loved when I was a kid was basketball. I was an athlete when I was a kid, and that was it.”
17. “Golf is me and buddies out having a good time, but most of all, golf is about me and my dad. Anytime I think of golf, I think about my dad. He taught me how to hit a golf ball, and he got me playing.”
18. “My mother is a ball of fire in the world, and I love that about her. “
19. “I think I have to laugh about the fact that I grew up in public. All these weird stages in my teenage years are documented. Why did no one tell me how terrible some of those outfits were?”
20. “I’m such a Type-A personality. When it comes to a road trip, I plan my food so far in advance. I roll hard with a cooler. I don’t mess around.”
21. “I don’t think men figure out what they’re really about until they’re 25. That’s when they start to feel like themselves.”
22. “Senorita was fun to sing, but I don’t really have a favorite. When you write a bunch of songs, they’re like your babies. You don’t pick favorites.”
23. “My career decisions have nothing to do with my personal life.”
24. “I get way more nervous playing golf in front of 500 people than being on stage in front of 20,000 people.”
25. “The worst thing about being famous is the invasion of your privacy.”
Music or movies, there’s a lot to love about Justin Timberlake. Share these Justin Timberlake quotes with friends, and you might be surprised to learn how many diehard fans he really has.