As the queen of self-love, Lady Gaga (aka Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta) has built her incredible career based on her talent as an artist and her outspoken commitment to always being herself. She’s one of the most recognized artists in the world and has used her platform to inspire and encourage. Gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, age—it doesn’t matter. These Lady Gaga quotes about self-worth, success, and happiness are meant for everyone.
While the bulk of Lady Gaga’s musical success happened between 2008 and 2015, this one-of-a-kind star has built a legacy that will not soon be forgotten. Her early musical hits including “Poker Face” and “Paparazzi” earned her radio fame, and the 2011 release of “Born This Way” made it clear that Gaga was using her success to spread an important message. Since the beginning, she has fiercely encouraged her fans to embrace their true selves and celebrate their differences.
Not only is Gaga recognized for her voice, she is also a successful actor. Her time on stage started in high school plays, and she eventually advanced to television and movies. You might recognize her as the witch in “American Horror Story: Roanoke,” and she wowed alongside Bradley Cooper in A Star is Born.
Above it all, Lady Gaga is a role model for anyone who has ever felt left out or misunderstood. Lady Gaga quotes remind us all that, no matter what, we are perfect the way we are.
We hope you find support and encouragement in these 25 Lady Gaga quotes.
1. “Don’t ever let a soul in the world tell you that you can’t be exactly who you are.”
2. “You have to be unique and different and shine in your own way.”
3. “If you don’t have any shadows, you’re not in the light.”
4. “I’m obsessively opposed to the typical.”
5. “They can’t scare me if I scare them first.”
6. “I’m just trying to change the world, one sequin at a time.”
7. “All that ever holds somebody back, I think, is fear. For a minute I had fear. I went into the room and shot my fear in the face.”
8. “I’ve always been famous, it’s just no one knew it yet.”
9. “Sometimes in life you don’t always feel like a winner, but that doesn’t mean you’re not a winner, you want to be like yourself. I want my fans to know it’s okay.”
10. “Being gay is like glitter, it never goes away.”
11. “I want women, and men, to feel empowered by a deeper and more psychotic part of themselves. The part they’re always trying desperately to hide. I want that to become something that they cherish.”
12. “At the end of the day, you won’t be happy until you love yourself.”
13. “Peace. It doesn’t mean to be in a place where there is no trouble, noise, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.”
14. “You laugh at me because I’m different; I laugh at you because you’re the same.”
15. “Individual acts of bravery and compassion can change the world. It is time to do the same for mental health.”
16. “Never be afraid to be kicked in the teeth. Let the blood and the bruises define your legacy.”
17. “I am my own sanctuary, and I can be reborn as many times as I choose throughout my life.”
18. “You define beauty yourself. Society doesn’t define your beauty.”
19. “Ignore all hatred and criticism. Live for what you create, and die protecting it.”
20. “Whether I’m wearing lots of makeup or no makeup, I’m always the same person inside.”
21. “I feel like if you’re a really good human being, you can try to find something beautiful in every single person, no matter what.”
22. “It’s always wrong to hate, but it’s never wrong to love.”
23. “Fight and push harder for what you believe in, you’d be surprised, you are much stronger than you think.”
24. “A record deal doesn’t make you an artist; you make yourself an artist.”
25. “The opposite of being mindful is being unconscious, so don’t be unconscious all day on your phone.”
Lady Gaga has spoken to millions of people around the world through her music and acting. She loudly and proudly encourages us all to practice self-love and acceptance. Share these Lady Gaga quotes with friends and family to remind everyone you know that they are perfect the way they are.