There are few things in life as intimidating as change. But no matter how much you want to resist, change is also one thing you can always count on. There will always be periods in your life when change is inevitable. It’s how we grow and progress. It’s scary and unpredictable, but it’s also completely necessary. Quotes about change help guide us through these confusing times.
Change can be big or small, but acceptance is always the key to making these transitions as painless as possible. When you acknowledge its necessity, you can look at change as an opportunity. Keep the following thoughts with you as you navigate the different changes in your own life. Here is an article about change and how to navigate every transition.
Before we start with these quotes, we are going to share some tips on feeling better everyday (positivity)
Everyone has their own tips and tricks for feeling better on a day-to-day basis. For some people, it’s as simple as getting enough sleep and staying hydrated. Others find that exercise and eating healthy help to improve their mood and energy levels.
Here are a few tips that may help you to feel better on a daily basis:
1. Get enough sleep: Most people need around eight hours of sleep per night. However, everyone is different and some people may need more or less sleep in order to feel rested. If you’re not getting enough sleep, try setting a bedtime and sticking to it as best you can.
2. Eat healthy: Eating nutritious foods can give you more energy and improve your mood. Make sure to include plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains in your diet. Avoid processed foods and sugary snacks, which can make you feel sluggish.
3. Exercise: Exercise releases endorphins, which have mood-boosting effects. A moderate amount of exercise is the key (this can be swimming or jogging) – however, too much can actually be detrimental to your mental health.
4. Take breaks: When you’re feeling overwhelmed or stressed, take a step back and take some time for yourself. This could mean taking a hot bath, reading your favorite book, or taking a walk outside.
5. Connect with loved ones: Spending time with loved ones can help reduce stress levels and improve your overall mood. Whether you stay in touch via text, social media, or in person, quality time with those you care about is crucial for a healthy mind and body.
Here is an article on how to feel better from inside out.
Here is our list of 30 quotes about change that we feel are invaluably helpful.
1. “To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.” — Winston Churchill
2. “Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.” — Stephen Hawking
3. “The art of life lies in a constant readjustment to our surrounding.” — Kakuzo Okakura
4. “In any given moment we have two options: to step forward into growth or step back into safety.” — Abraham Maslow
5. “Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” — George Barnard Shaw
6. “Life is a process of becoming, a combination of states we have to go through. Where people fail is that they wish to select a state and remain in it. This is a kind of death.” — Anais Nin
7. “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” — Socrates
8. “Stop being afraid of what could go wrong, and start being excited about what could go right.” — Tony Robbins
9. “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or if we wait for some time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for.” — Barack Obama
10. “It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” — Charles Darwin
11. “Think progress, not perfection.” — Ryan Holiday
12. “Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.” — Jim Rohn
13. “Step out of the history that is holding you back. Step into the new story you are willing to create.” — Oprah Winfrey
14. “Embrace uncertainty. Some of the most beautiful chapters in our lives won’t have a title until much later.”— Bob Gogg
15. “What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.” — Richard Back
16. “If you’re in a bad situation, don’t worry, it’ll change. If you’re in a good situation, don’t worry, it’ll change.” — John a. Simone Sr.
17. ” We all have big changes in our lives that are more or less a second chance.” — Harrison Ford
18. “Change is painful, but nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don’t belong.” — Mandy Hale
19. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” — Hermann Hesse
20. “Growth and comfort do not coexist.” — Ginni Rometty
21. “Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.” — Raymond Lindquist
22. “Any change, even change for the better, is always accompanied by discomforts.” — Arnold Bennett
23. “Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.” — John. F. Kennedy
24. “You must welcome change as the rule, but not as your ruler.” — Denis Waitley
25. “If we don’t change, we don’t grow. If we don’t grow, we aren’t really living.” — Gail Sheehy
26. “You must be willing to give up what you are to become what you want to be.” — Orrin Woodward
27. “The world is round, and the place which may seem like the end may also be the beginning.” — Ivy Baker Priest
28. “There comes a time in your life when you have to choose to turn the page, write another book, or simply close it.” — Shannon Alder
29. “The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.” — Alan Watts
30. “Every success story is a tale of constant adaption, revision, and change.” — Richard Branson
Related: Uplifting quotes to make you feel better
Did you enjoy these quotes?
Whether your instinct is to resist change, or you’re waiting for it to happen, these words of wisdom speak of undeniable truths. Share these quotes about change with your friends and family to help others accept, grow, and move forward.