You don’t need to be a major sports enthusiast to recognize the name Simone Biles. As the most decorated American gymnast and the third-most decorated gymnast in the world, 23-year-old Simone Biles is a force to be reckoned with. Biles stunned the world when she won individual gold medals in all-around, vault, and floor in the 2016 Summer Olympics. She even topped off her Olympic achievements with a bronze in balance beam and a gold as part of the overall winning American team. As a result of her success, Simone Biles quotes are now a source of inspiration and motivation.
Biles is famous for her skill and dedication to gymnastics, but she’s also made a name for herself because of her humble beginnings. Her childhood was spent in foster care after her mother could no longer care for her or her three siblings. It wasn’t until she was adopted into stable household that she started showing potential as an athlete. The older she got, the more apparent it was that she had both the talent and the drive to be one of the greatest gymnasts in the world.
Both on and off the mat, Simone Biles has been an inspiration. She showed courage by standing up in court against the USA gymnastics physician Larry Nassar who sexually assaulted her and her teammates and has been vocal on her struggles with ADHD. Now, she uses her voice to inspire others to always do their best.
Keep reading for the best Simone Biles quotes.
1. “I’m not the next Usain Bolt or Michael Phelps. I’m the first Simone Biles.”
2. “Remember to have fun. When I’m smiling and having fun, I perform my best.”
3. “Today, do what others won’t. So tomorrow you can accomplish what others can’t.”
4. “If you aren’t committed to training, conditioning and practice, you aren’t committed to being your best.”
5. “Before you can achieve, you must believe in yourself. You are more capable than you think.”
6. “I’d rather regret the risks that didn’t work out than the chances I didn’t take at all.”
7. “I would hope I would inspire kids everywhere to know that you can do anything you put your mind to.”
8. “For me, I don’t think about size. I focus more on being powerful and confident.”
9. “Practice creates confidence. Confidence empowers you.”
10. “At the end of the day, if I can say I had fun, it was a good day.”
11. “To go out there and prove what I can do has taught me a lot about who I am.”
12. “My parents have always taught me to strive to perfection.”
13. “You have to make your own luck. You make it in practice and with your training and conditioning.”
14. “Surround yourself with the dreamers, the doers, the believers and thinkers, but most of all surround yourself with those who see greatness within you even when you don’t see it yourself.”
15. “As athletes, we’re always going to have aches and pains, but when your teammates cheer you on, you don’t think about it.”
16. “I was built this way for a reason, so I’m going to use it.”
17. “You owe it to yourself to be the best you can be.”
18. “Gymnastics is just one part of my life, and I’m having as much fun with it as possible.”
19. “You don’t have to be serious all the time to do a good job.”
20. “Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with your talent is your gift back to God.”
Simone Biles is a talented athlete and the kind of person who always strives to be their best. If you gained anything from these Simone Biles quotes, don’t forget to share them with your friends and family.