Whether you fell in love with her as Poppy from the hit kid’s movie Trolls or you sang along with Beca Mitchell on the Pitch Perfect movie series, Anna Kendrick is a true gem in Hollywood. She’s as versatile as she is talented, starring in other hit films like The Accountant and A Simple Favor. Anna Kendrick quotes prove that this pint-sized beauty is a force to be reckoned with.
Born Anna Cook Kendrick on August 9, 1985, this Portland, Maine native always knew she wanted to be famous. And she details her Broadway journey to superstardom in her #1 New York Times best-selling 2016 autobiography, Scrappy Little Nobody. Most of us were going to middle school while this budding starlet was starring on Broadway at age 12!
If you’re a fan of this hilarious actress, then this collection of Anna Kendrick quotes is the perfect read for you.
1. “While I wouldn’t wish being teased on anyone, I think it eventually leads to a kind of solidarity in adult life. The few people I know who weren’t picked on in school are people I find I can’t relate to on much more than a surface level. There’s a sensitivity that comes with feeling like an outsider at some point in your life.”
2. “In my dreams, I have Keira Knightley’s eyebrows.”
3. “I do admit that I’ve never been one to fit in easily to any given pattern. It’s not my choice. It’s just the way I am. So if the characters I wind up playing are all a bit different, it must be because that’s the way I like it. Anna Kendrick is different, and she’s going to stay that way.”
4. “I’m the person who wouldn’t send back my food even if I got steak when I’d ordered fish.”
5. “I have the advantage of being pretty small, so if I’m flying myself, I’m flying coach. To save money. I just put in my headphones, and it’s no big thing. I keep my head down, wear a hoodie or a hat, but sometimes not even that. People miss me.”
6. “There have definitely been more than a few moments in my life where I’m wondering where the next paycheck will come from and how I’m gonna pay rent.”
7. “My parents got married late and they had kids late, so I never felt a social or cultural thing to be married or pregnant or a homeowner by a certain age.”
8. “An actor should always let humility outweigh ambition.”
9. “When you grow up middle class, you just always feel like you’ve got to be working, or you won’t be able to pay the bills.”
10. “I feel like if it’s not scaring you, you’re doing it wrong.”
11. “I like to think of myself less like ‘an adult’ and more like a ‘former fetus.'”
12. “It’s cute how I used to think this ‘barely holding it together’ feeling was temporary.”
13. “Every time I talk to a fancy journalist and they ask what I do in my free time, my scumbag brain goes ‘say masturbate, it’ll be hilarious.'”
14. “Sometimes the best part of my day is imagining what I’m gonna eat when I get off work.”
15. “Humility was an important part of the way I grew up. And I found that to be less common when I moved to California. That’s not say humble people don’t exist there, ambition seems really important.”
16. “I rarely get recognized. It’s always a shock when someone notices me. I always think they must be confusing me with someone else.”
17. “My favorite thing on Twitter is guys being like, ‘Listen: I’m not a pussy, but Pitch Perfect is awesome.’ I’m like, ‘I didn’t think you were a pussy, sir.'”
18. “If I find a movie where my character wears sweatpants all the time, I swear I’ll do it for free.”
19. “I dated a guy who slammed my PB&J shut when he got frustrated with my need for peanut butter to be perfectly distributed. We did not last long.”
20. “Sometimes the only reason I leave my house is so when someone asks about my day, I don’t have to say, ‘Netflix and avoiding responsibilities.”
We hope you enjoyed this collection of Anna Kendrick quotes. If you know anyone else who’s a fan of princess Poppy, don’t forget to share!