Film producer, writer, actor, entrepreneur—Walt Disney was a man with incredible creativity and drive. He is, of course, most well known for being the co-founder of The Walt Disney Company, and his legacy lives on even 55 years after his death. Between classic films such, as Pinocchio and Fantasia, and the theme park that has become a global destination for people of all ages, Disney is a name recognized all around the world.
Throughout his life, Walt Disney inspired others to think creatively and take risks. Today, we reflect on Walt Disney quotes that speak to all facets of reality and imagination.
Disney’s illustrious career started when he was just 18 years old. He got a job as a commercial illustrator, and that sparked his idea to start a company with his brother, Roy. Mickey Mouse, Disney’s first popular character, was born in 1928. That initial success encouraged Disney to take more risks with his animations, and he soon started adding sound and color to his imaginative stories.
As his company grew, Disney continued to push the boundaries. He was always experimenting with new techniques and expanding his ever-growing empire. Disneyland in Anaheim, CA opened in 1955 and was soon followed by Disney World in Florida. Unfortunately, Disney never got to see the grand opening of what is now an enormous testament to his success. He died in 1966 of lung cancer when he was 65 years old.
Though Walt Disney’s reputation has seen ups and downs, he remains an American cultural icon. The following Walt Disney quotes give us a glimpse into his life and beliefs.
Here are the top 20 Walt Disney quotes…
1. “There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.”
2. “Fantasy and reality often overlap.”
3. “Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever.”
4. “Our heritage and ideals, our code and standards, the things we live by and teach our children, are preserved or diminished by how freely we exchange ideas and feelings.”
5. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.”
6. “If you can dream it, you can do it.”
7. “The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique.”
8. “First, think. Second, believe. Third, dream. And finally, dare.”
9. “‘The difference between winning and losing is most often not quitting.”
10. “That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up. They forget.”
11. “Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children.”
12. “I do not make films primarily for children. I make them for the child in all of us, whether he be six or sixty. Call the child innocence.”
13. “Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world.”
14. “I am corny, you know? But I think there are just about 140 million people in this country who are just as corny as I am.”
15. “I don’t make pictures to make money. I make money to make more pictures.”
16. “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. “
17. “All the adversity I’ve had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me. You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.”
18. “I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.”
19. “Laughter is America’s most important export.”
20. “Of all of our inventions for mass communication, pictures still speak the most universally understood language.”
Walt Disney inspired millions to embrace imagination and dreams. Be sure to share these Walt Disney quotes with your friends, family, and even co-workers to help spark creativity in every day life.